Resources for Paper 3 (on painting) are below:
- Link to the assignment sheet
- Link to a student example
- Link to Google Art Project
- Links to Virtual Museums
- Five Steps to Success Writing Papers
Here are the resources for the exam.
Here’s the essay questions:
Explain the concept of civic humanism. What were its origins and what were its effects?
Is Machiavelli’s The Prince a good example of the High Renaissance literary style? (and, clearly this is not just a yes/no question!)
- From Darkness to Light: The Great Leap from the Middle Ages into Renaissance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5mqlyNnKUE (talks about humanism!)
- Machievelli and The Prince: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s25kX24j250&feature=related
- High Renaissance Art: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVQBVE9BzYk
- History Questions: Why is Humanism important to the Renaissance? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id0L1s9c3p4&feature=related
- History Channel: Leonardo da Vinci (1/10) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_3qOFuheB4&feature=related
Other Resources for Unit III:
- Renaissance Pop Quiz (10 questions): http://history-world.org/popquizren.htm
- Renaissance Trivia Quiz (10 questions): http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz/quiz19903d9d8.html
- I also think my PPT videos would be very helpful for this unit!
- If you have a Netflix subscription, they have a 4-episode installment of PBS’s Empires that focuses on the Medici family, one of the most powerful Italian families of this period and one of the most important patrons of the renaissance arts, called The Medici: Godfathers of the Renaissance. I don’t know if I can link to it or not, but here is the URL where I found it. http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Empires_The_Medici_Godfathers_of_the_Renaissance/60034500?trkid=1997021. I watched this series last weekend, and I think it would be helpful. It talks a lot about the role of Italy in the Renaissance. While the details of each Medici aren’t going to help you on your exam, the big picture might.
Good luck preparing for Unit III’s exam. Have a good week. –ProfessorStacy